Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Sophia's Kitchen (Closed)

In a comfortable looking kitchen, a tiny old woman with huge glasses sits at a table. In front of her are a pitcher of iced tea and glasses as well as a delicious looking cheesecake, plates, and forks. If anyone cares to sit down and chat, they will find the pitcher always full and the cheesecake never ending - and if it should happen that they don't like either item, it will transform into whatever they wish.

"Let's get one thing straight," the old woman says with no greeting or preamble. "It's a huge red flag to roleplay under your own name or your screen name. I know that. But I'm old and I've been doing this longer than some of you have been alive, so I figure I can do what I want."

She sips her iced tea. "So why am I here? I figure sometimes characters just want to hang out and relax. And most of the time that seems to be at some kind of bar. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against bars, some of my best memories happened in bars, but you don't always want to go to one, you know?

"Anyway, come on in, have some tea and cheesecake. Let's talk. Maybe someone will come in and something exciting will happen. The most exciting thing that happens to me anymore is when the guy comes to mow the lawn and takes his shirt off. I bet some of you can beat that."
Percy Estrada (played by Jaws)

A young fella slugs into the kitchen and sits down into a chair nearest to him. He begins to rest his head down on the table but pauses to take off his hat and place beside him. Percy could hear his dearest abuela scolding him for not doing proper table etiquette when he was a child. Oh, how he missed those days.
Mama_Mira Topic Starter

"You all right there, kid?" Sophia asks him. "You look pretty tired. Are you thirsty? Hungry? I made the iced tea and cheesecake myself."
Cassidy (played anonymously)

Cassidy peaked through the door, then he carefully looked around.

At first, he was just going to try and scare the old lady and run off, but he noticed the cheesecake and decided better.

He slowly stepped into the kitchen, awkwardly putting his arms behind his back.

Cassidy hadn't eaten in years, and probably couldn't, but was going to try anyway.

He snuck around to the table, trying not to be noticed by the Sophia, and tried to reach a piece of the cheesecake.

He was noticed, of course, but he would only know that once he was verbally told that.
Mama_Mira Topic Starter

Without moving, Sophia spoke. "You think you can sneak up on me? I'm old, not blind and deaf. Besides, I'm a mother and a grandmother, I'd know when a kid was sneaking around even if I was blind and deaf."

Now she did turn and look at the new comer. "Boy do you look like you could use something to eat. Come on, sit down and I'll get you a nice slice of cheesecake. Or I can get you pasta if you want. I just made some of my famous sauce. Learned how to make it from my mother back in Sicily. That woman could cook food good enough to feed angels. But listen to me going on when you need food." She turned back to the table, cut a slice of the cheesecake, put it on a plate, added a fork, and placed it in front of one of the chairs, then sat back. "There. Now you come eat and tell me about your day."
*peeks around the place* Um, Hello? Is this open?

Sophia_aka_Ma wrote:
Without moving, Sophia spoke. "You think you can sneak up on me? I'm old, not blind and deaf. Besides, I'm a mother and a grandmother, I'd know when a kid was sneaking around even if I was blind and deaf."

Now she did turn and look at the new comer. "Boy do you look like you could use something to eat. Come on, sit down and I'll get you a nice slice of cheesecake. Or I can get you pasta if you want. I just made some of my famous sauce. Learned how to make it from my mother back in Sicily. That woman could cook food good enough to feed angels. But listen to me going on when you need food." She turned back to the table, cut a slice of the cheesecake, put it on a plate, added a fork, and placed it in front of one of the chairs, then sat back. "There. Now you come eat and tell me about your day."

Cassidy froze upon being noticed, then he looked at Sophia with a look of mild surprise. He stopped trying to reach for the cake, then glanced around, wondering if he should run off. How was he supposed to trust this stranger? The last time he did that, to a man in a yellow rabbit suit.. He didn't fare well. But, he sat down and quietly stated, "..Just the cake, please." said Cassidy, his words coated with distrust.

He watched as Sophia placed the cheesecake slice on a plate and placed it on the table for him. He then picked up the fork and began eating it. He could taste it, it was really good, but, it would do no good for stifling his hunger, as it practically dissolved into nothing once eaten.. He was a ghost, it kind of just.. went through him, in a lack of a better word.

"My.. day?" Cassidy glanced up, somehow having some cheesecake crumbs on his nose. "Well.. it's been pretty..boring." He mumbled, looking down at the cheesecake, using the fork to pick up another bite of it. "The dumb security guard won't bring his little sister back to play. I miss her." Cassidy mumbled, a little bit of anger seeping through the tone of his voice.
Mama_Mira Topic Starter

Courage The Cowardly Dog wrote:
*peeks around the place* Um, Hello? Is this open?

((Yes it's open. I'll add that to the title. :) ))
Mama_Mira Topic Starter

"It's rough when you can't see your friends," she said, pouring herself more iced tea. "Now me, I'm so old most of my friends are already dead. So when I do get to see them it's almost extra special. And it's doubly hard when you can't go to see them by yourself. They won't let me drive anymore so I have to wait for somebody or take a cab so a lot of times it's just easier to stay home."

She sipped her tea. "I could be your friend if you want. Granted I'm not very good at many games anymore except gin rummy - which I'll beat your pants off at - but we could try it if you want."

Sophia_aka_Ma wrote:
"It's rough when you can't see your friends," she said, pouring herself more iced tea. "Now me, I'm so old most of my friends are already dead. So when I do get to see them it's almost extra special. And it's doubly hard when you can't go to see them by yourself. They won't let me drive anymore so I have to wait for somebody or take a cab so a lot of times it's just easier to stay home."

She sipped her tea. "I could be your friend if you want. Granted I'm not very good at many games anymore except gin rummy - which I'll beat your pants off at - but we could try it if you want."

Cassidy glanced up at the note of gin rummy. "What's gin rummy? How do you play it?" He didn't seem to know.

"I know games, but not that one." Cassidy stated, "Hide and seek, tag, tic-tac-toe, Terrify The Nightguard.." He listed off a few, the last one being a little too specific.
Mama_Mira Topic Starter

"It's a card game," she replied, then gave a mischievous smile. "I always beat my daughter, Dorothy, when we play. She keeps trying, but she never wins."

"Hide and seek and tag I'm no good at any more. Tic-tac-toe is more my speed. Terrify the Night Guard sounds like something we would have played back in Sicily. Tell me more about it while you eat."
Anastasia (played by Alliyus)

A young girl appeared in a chair, silent. Nobody noticed or heard her. Her presence was silent, not existent. She eyed everyone with dark golden, cold gazed eyes. She blinked and then focused down on her book. She may look human, but she wasn't.
Hazel (played by Alliyus)

Hazel walked in and sat down at the table. "Hello!" Her presence was fully good. But there was something dangerous and evil to it.
Mama_Mira Topic Starter

Sophia squinted at the new comer a bit. "Hello yourself. Have some cheesecake and iced tea, if you want." She got a slice for herself and ate a bite. "And remember, I'm from Sicily. Cross me and you get the evil eye."
Margaret Nearl (played by Alliyus)

Margaret sat there with a 80 pound graphite shield on her back that was 6 feet high and 3 feet wide. She took a piece of morning pound cake and took a bite. "So, how are you today?"
Mama_Mira Topic Starter

"Holy moly," she said, pushing back in her chair a bit, "is that thing big. I'm alright, I suppose. But a person my age shouldn't have a surprise like that."

"Sorry Sorry." Standing at only 5'6, the shield was even taller than she was. She unlatched the shield and stood up, catching the grip handle. She walked over to the wall and leaned it against it. It was so heavy, it slammed on the wall when she gently placed it down. It looks like it weighed around 80 pounds. But it was really 180 pounds. She about-faced and walked back over, sitting down on the chair.
Mama_Mira Topic Starter

"You much be some kind of special to be able to handle something like that. Me, I've never been that strong physically." She sipped her tea. "I'm alright, thank you for asking. What about you?"

"I'm good too." She smiled kindly. She had some sort of animal ears, but not a dog nor cat. It was a Pegasus. She was known as a Kuranta, also known as Pegasus. "Thanks for asking. What are you doing today?" She asked, taking a bite out of her morning pound cake.
Mama_Mira Topic Starter

"Nothing much. There isn't much to do at my age. I'll probably read through the obituaries later to see who died. And I have a couple of crochet blankets I'm working on."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Sophia's Kitchen (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus